Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Be NOT You



"Life remains the same until the pain of remaining the same 
is greater than the pain of change."





The other day, somebody approached me and asked me if I could help them with this person’s pressing problems. It seems like that this person has a lot of challenges going on within a lot of areas in his life. Areas such as love, relationships, work, money and family is kinda out of harmony.

So this person said to me :”Bro, I know you're into these personality development stuffs. Maybe you could help me with my problem.

I said: “Sure. What do you want?”

Person: “What do you mean, what I want?”

I said: ”I need to know what you want first before I could give you some pointers to get there.”

Person: “Okay. I want 3 things. Make this much. Have this. And  Find somebody to love.”

I said: “Good. So this is how you should do it. I will give you 3 tips on how you could get that.”

Then… I gave the person 3 things to do to get what this person wants. And this part is where there was a little commotion.

And the person replied: “But I can’t do that! because, that wouldn’t me.”

I said:  “Precisely! Because, not being ‘me’ is what change is about. You can’t be the way you are and change at the same time. Change is becoming not ‘me’. You got to stop being who you are and you got to become someone else.  

You’ve spent your whole life practicing being you and you are really good at it and look at where it got you… now you got to let go of being ‘me’ if you want to get the things you want to get, In order to change. Change is about becoming not ‘me’.

There are certain advantages of being not ‘me’. Your whole life is stuck in a rut. Your life is a habitual mechanical pattern and habit that you repeat again and again. It’s time for you to change this habitual process.

There are good news and bad news.

The bad news is that your family, friends and associates doesn’t want you to become not ‘me’. Because, they have done a good job for being what you are and keeping you what you are. Your friends doesn’t want you to be empowered all of a sudden. They’ve figured already a way to manipulate you and if you become not ‘me’ they have to start all over again and it will be a real challenge for them. So your friends don’t want you to become not ‘me’.

And there is a part of you who doesn’t want to become not ‘me’. That part of You who doesn't Want to Step out of the comfort zone. So it’s all about becoming not ‘me’. It’s about letting go of who you are and becoming of who you can be.

How come you got these problems? How come you still don’t get the success that you want? The reason you got them because the ‘ME’ you are has done a great success from preventing you to change. And so far it has done a good job.

So if you are going to get success then you got to have to change. You got to become not ‘me’. You have got to develop new skills. You have got to develop new abilities. You got to have to organize things in a totally different way in order to get the results you are not getting now. You have to change your mind.”

So are you willing to become not ‘ME’?



10 comments: