Sunday, July 14, 2013

Rid Your Life of Negativity




If you want to live a positive, joyful life, you cannot be surrounded by negative people who don’t encourage your happiness.


As a negative person, I attracted negative people. When I decided to make the change to live a more positive life, I had to rid my life of the most negative influences in it. No one is perfect and perfection isn’t the goal when it comes to positivity but there were people in my life who were consistently negative, who constantly brought me down, and I had to stop spending so much time with them.




This, as you can imagine, wasn’t easy. It can hurt to distance yourself from people even when you know they aren’t good for you or your current lifestyle.

In addition to removing negative influences from me, I also had to get rid of some of my own negative behaviors, such as cursing and excessive drinking of alcohol during house parties and little 'soirees' I had going back then. I had to take a step back and examine which behaviors were good for me and which were not.





I learned to focus on the positive things I was doing such as working on my businesses and cultivating new, positive relationships and let go of the negative ones.

This process was not easy and, to be honest, is still ongoing, but I know this: It’s hard to live a positive life when negative people and behaviors continually pull you down. Like what one of my favorite fictional characters used to say.

"He's an anchor, Cut him loose." -Harvey Specter
-Ronz

6 comments:

  1. what if you're living with a negative parent? does it mean that you'll leave your parent coz he or she is a negative person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you don't have to leave them.. you could transfer some place else.

      Delete
  2. That's a good question. I'm very interested in child pstchology and what I've noticed is that a lot of youth are suffering because they live with parents that are also suffering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alvin, association is powerful so if a child is in a negative environment that child (if it has the capacity) must find another place where the people are more loving and caring. Love nourishes the brain fear diminishes its development.

      Delete
  3. How will I react with my relatives, they dont like my decesion, im developing a business, they like me to get a job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite impressive article to get rid of negativity.Thanks for sharing.
    how to get rid of negativity.

    ReplyDelete