Thursday, June 7, 2012

Common Sense



“Flexibility requires an open mind and a welcoming of new alternatives.” 
-Deborah Day





And so I arrived in a friends home, to my surprised there are new faces and I realized he has some visitors.

I sat down and tried to catch up with what they are talking about.

Then in a few minutes the conversation started moving and everyone is having a naturally healthy chat. Suddenly, the group discussion went to discussing about each other's point of few about religion.

I tend to shy away from these kinds of discussion because not many are that open minded but it seems like the crowd is pretty open and so I just joined in.

From the corner of the room the leader of the group who is with the visitors was asked what his perspective on the subject matter. And what he said totally made impact in the room.

He said:

"I will share to you something that I always asked my friends who are part of these religions that claims they are the only one who will be saved as long as you must be a member and believe."

Here is the story...

"Imagine, that you are just a typical person who has a fair amount of general knowledge about math, science, health, agriculture and God.

Then you are in an jumbo jet airplane traveling to a destination and the people on board that plane is having a relaxing time in their journey towards let's say Europe. And without warning the plane crashed! Boom!

After the crash you wake up and learned that you are the only survivor of that airplane and now you are in a remote island and discovered that you were rescued by tribal people from the burning wreckage.

The sad part about this is that there is no radio, telephone or any form of communication you could use to ask for help.

So you decided to settle down and live with the tribe.

A few years have passed still there is no help from the civilized world and slowly you just realized that maybe you will stay with the tribe forever. And so what you did is help the tribe develop.

You taught them math, science, health and agriculture. And to your surprise the small island prosper and you decided to go on and live with them for good.

Fast forward into the future, because of your contributions the people loved you and you loved them and until the day you die they remain close to you and they treated you like a Hero for teaching them."

Now, here is the question I often ask my church going friends, He said:

"After all the love I've given the tribesmen. Take note, I'm not a member of any church and I don't believe in your God. Will I be saved or not? "

"You know what is funny? Most of my church going friends tell me I will not be saved because you are not a member of our church or because you don't believe in our God."

"You mean mean after all the love and contribution I gave until my dying
day, I will still go to hell or not enter the kingdom of heaven? It just does not make any sense at all."

END.


"Once you lose your common sense, you lose it all."-Anonymous 



No comments:

Post a Comment